This sweet, salty, and savory guacamole may not be traditional, but it’s DELICIOUS!
4 ripe avocados
1 mango, finely diced
1/2 medium red onion, finely diced
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp chili powder
Juice from 1/2 lime (or to taste)
Handful of cilantro (or to taste, can also omit)
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
1) Dice red onion and mango into 1/4” chunks and pour into large bowl
2) Chop cilantro and add to bowl
3) Remove avocado pits (safely), scoop avocado into bowl
4) Squeeze 1/2 of a large lime or a whole small lime into bowl
5) Add garlic powder, chili powder (can adjust to spice level), salt, and pepper
6) Stir everything together and enjoy with your favorite chips (mine are Mi Nina Jalapeño Agave!)
The best tortilla chips in the universe are Mi Niña chips. They’re locally made in MA by a family company, although I think they distribute throughout New England. They have original sea salt, Jalapeño Agave, and Picco de Gallo flavors.
The jalapeño agave chips pair PERFECTLY with this guacamole. The chips are “a little heat, a little sweet”, so they provide the kick instead of the guacamole. If using plain / unflavored chips, I recommend adding jalapeños or more chili powder to give the guacamole a bit more heat to taste.
Looking for more recipes to drool over?