WEDDING RECEPTION DETAILS PHOTOGRAPHY CHECKLIST!
Are you new to weddings? Do you struggle with detail shots? Not sure what to photograph? Worried about missing something?
Here is my venue details checklist that I shooting during cocktail hour! Print this out and store it in your camera bag if you need a quick wedding day refresh.
– Pullback of entire reception space, horizontal
– Pullback of entire reception space, vertical
(Switch from a wide lens to 50 or 85 prime)
– Table with one type of centerpiece
– Table with a different type of centerpiece
– Birds eye place setting shot if plates / chargers are set up
– Plates close up
– Glasses close up
– Menu close up
– 2-6 floral arrangements / garland on any tables close up
– Every single table number if they’re all different styles / photos – only 2-3 if they’re all the exact same format
– Centerpiece close up, 1 shot per type if different
– Favors (if on plates) close up
– Couple’s table / sweetheart table
– Couple’s chairs, especially if there’s a sign hanging from them
– Cake, full shot
– Cake, close up on any details
– Cake, topper close up
– Cake, utensils if engraved
– Any space details ex. tent flag, bistro lights, unique details
– Card box
– Bar or signature drink signs
– Any other custom details – monogrammed napkins, fun straws, custom condiments, etc
If you need to move salt and pepper shakers, a glass or two, a butter dish, etc while shooting close ups on the table, go ahead! Just make sure to put it back where it was before.